“LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 467 million members in over 200 countries and territories.” (LinkedIn)
You probably have a personal profile on LinkedIn, but do you have a Company Page? If you don’t you should. Here’s why:
- Increased Exposure – Like your website, your LinkedIn Company Page can appear in online search results.
- Attract Talent – Just as your LinkedIn profile is a kind of resume, your Company Page is a key source of information for potential recruits.
- Showcase Products – Providing engaging product information and imagery extends your brand presence online.
- Generate Leads – Using the products showcase and company updates, you can run highly-targeted campaigns within LinkedIn for lead generation.
- Engage Prospects – By publishing valuable content on your Company Page, you can cultivate relationships, growing your network, and ultimately increasing your sales.
Setting up a LinkedIn Company Page is Quick and Easy
- Go to the top right corner of your LinkedIn profile and click on the grid above Work:
- At the bottom of the drop-down menu, click Create a Company Page.
- Enter your company name and your email address. Check the box and click Continue.
- Under Company Description, add a description of your company such as what type of products and services you provide, and which industries you serve.
- On the right side of the page, you will see several category fields. Carefully choose the selections that best describe your business. This information will be used for searches within LinkedIn.
- In the top right corner, click on Publish.
You now have a LinkedIn Company Page. To access it at any time, go to the drop-down menu under Me in the top right corner of your LinkedIn personal profile and select your company page.
Put your LinkedIn Company Page to work:
Add a logo and banner – Your logo will be shown in your updates, your employees’ profiles, and any LinkedIn content originating from your company. The banner image at the top of your LinkedIn Company Page is the element that has the best chance of grabbing your followers’ attention. To get the most benefit from it, be sure that it represents your brand, is clear and engaging, and clearly communicates what you do.
Build showcase pages – LinkedIn allows up to 10 showcase pages for each Company Page. This feature enables you to display a large photo, content, update postings, and the ability to build a dedicated following for targeted marketing campaigns.
Add a LinkedIn button to your website – Keep in touch with website visitors through LinkedIn by adding a follow button to your website.
Connect with employees – When employees name your company on their LinkedIn profile, their profiles will be listed on your LinkedIn Company Page. This helps prospects view the credentials of your employees and helps you attract top-rate talent.
Welcome your network – Once you have your LinkedIn Company Page fully loaded, ask for feedback from your network encouraging them to follow you.
Post updates – It’s best to keep your posts useful, thought-provoking, and entertaining limiting the frequency of promotional messages. This is a great way to spark a conversation or publicize an offer. LinkedIn enables you to specify the company size, industry, function, seniority, and geography of the people who will be able to see your update. In addition, you can designate any update as featured to have it appear first on your Company Page.
Monitor your stats – The best part about having a LinkedIn Company Page is that you can see which elements are driving traffic. On your administrator page, you will see your likes, comments, shares, and new follows listed. Just click on View More Analytics to see a treasure chest of stats about your updates, followers, and visitors.
We Can Help
3D Studios helps businesses grow their influence and their brands. As a boutique brand management agency, we begin with a thorough analysis of your needs and partner with you to develop and execute a marketing plan that will help you take your business to the next level. To learn more about how 3D Studios can help you, visit us at www.3Dstudios.net or call 914-304-4229.